Cusco – Puerto Maldonado: 4 days / 3 nights
- Style Trip
- Classic Tour
- Places to Visit
- Tour Length
- Daily Departures
- Group Size
- 6 Persons to more
- Physical Grade
Activities: With one night at INOTAWA lodge, visit to the Lake Tres Chimbadas and nocturnal boat ride.
Includes: Lodging, Transport, All meals and bilingual guide
Arrival to Puerto Maldonado. Then, transfer to the town where we will embark on our boat and begin an unforgettable journey down the Madre de Dios River. On the way, you will see caimans, turtles, herons and other animals. Upon arrival at Amazon Lodge, you will enjoy the exquisite typical welcome drink and then settle into our comfortable bungalows, then lunch will come. With the help of our specialized guide we will visit Monkey Island. Located just five minutes from the lodge, in the middle of the Madre de Dios River, Monkey Island is home to different species of monkeys: from the noisy, the Maquisapas, the happy Achuñis and the very impressive Friars to the smallest and most Gracious little “leoncitos” lions. On the way to the island.
After breakfast we will begin an adventure in the virgin jungle, advised by a local guide; we will walk towards the “Cocha Perdida” (Lost Cocha), constitutes an ecosystem that is considered a refuge of a great variety of animals like otters, caimans, turtles, sachavacas, birds of multicolored feathers, the majestic jaguar (Andean lion) and the fish. This area is unique and belongs to the Eco-Amazon lodge, because it is still intact, like the enormous swamps and a diversity of “Aguajal” forests. Then we will arrive at the amazing observatory of the Amazon, built on top of the largest tree “SHIHUAHUACO”, from that place you can observe the magical jungle and at the same time enjoy a pleasant canoe ride around the lake. Then return to the lodge, lunch. Then, in the afternoon, a canoe ride on the river and a visit to a typical family of the area.
Breakfast, at the indicated time, we will begin another excursion through the magic jungle where we will navigate by the river Madre de Díos, until arriving at the beginning of a walk to the rivers GAMITNA / BRIOLO; Born in the heart of the virgin jungle, these two rivers with their sinuous ways, form enormous navigation channels, then we will return in canoe, observing closely to animals like turtles, caimans, butterflies and a great variety of insects. Then we will arrive to the lodge, dinner and lodging.
The day will begin with the beautiful singing of the birds; then comes breakfast. We will begin our trip with a walk to the depths of the forests, special paths with meshes to cross the holes, during the trip we will observe the cave of the caimans, then we will continue and arrive at the majestic LAGO APU VICTOR, beautiful and crystalline. Waters, surrounded by huge swamps, giant trees. Then we will go up to our Amazon Observatory, from where we will have a panoramic view of the lake, we will observe parrots, macaws, toucans, camungo, shanshos, herons and some other animals such as caimans, turtles and if we are lucky enough. We were able to observe one of the most spectacular animals of the jungle, the giant otter, then, after many hours, we will return to the lodge. Lunch. Then in the afternoon we will visit the Gamitana River, which is born in the heart of the jungle. On its shores we could observe turtles, caimans, butterflies and some other animals. You can take a bath in its waters, then return and have dinner.
What is included in this program:
- Transfer / airport / Lodge / airport.
- Complete meals.
- Lodging in typical
- Tours with specialized tourist guides.
YOU SHOULD TO BRING
- Sleeping bag (can be rented in our office for US $ 15.00 for the 4 day walk)
- Sleeping mattress (we will provide it to you)
- Rain jacket or poncho (you can buy plastic ponchos in Cusco for a few dollars) )
- Strong and comfortable footwear
- A complete change of clothes (more changes of clothes may be allowed if you hire a personal porter, see options below)
- Sweater and jacket (somewhat warm)
- Water bottle and purification tablets (Micropur is recommended and can be purchased at local pharmacies in Cusco)
- Flashlight and batteries
- Hat or cap for sun protection
- Sunscreen (sun protection cream)
- Insect repellent
- Toiletries, towels and toilet paper
- Selection of small sandwiches, chocolate, dried fruits, biscuits, etc.
- Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries
- Bathing suit (if you plan to visit the hot springs in Aguas Calientes after the hike, entrance not included in the price)
- You must also bring your original passport on the way and your student’s ISIC card (if you claim a student discount).
Or contact us at