Tour 4 Days Visit: Cusco, Sacred Valley, With Overnight In Machu Picchu
- Style Trip
- Classic Tour
- Places to Visit
- Tour Length
- Daily Departures
- Group Size
- 6 Persons to more
- Physical Grade
- Welcome and transfer to the hotel.
- Welcome drink “coca tea” in the hotel.
- City Tour of Cusco Cathedral, Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Tambomachay .
- Show dances (Optional)
- Overnight at hotel.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Tour the Sacred Valley of the Incas. (full day)
- Buffet lunch in Aguas Calientes.
- Train ride from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Overnight at hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu).
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- 5:30 am. Uploaded by bus to Machu Picchu.
- 6:00 am. Sunrise view of Machu Picchu.
- Optional: Hike Huaynapicchu.
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Lowering bus to Aguas Calientes.
- In the afternoon return by train to Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
- Breakfast at hotel
- Transfer from hotel to Cusco airport.
End of services
The tour begins by picking you up at your hotel between 12:50 hrs. and 13:10 hrs. If your hotel is out of the historic center, we meet you at our office at 13:00 hrs.
First visit the Cathedral: This impressive colonial church dates from 1960 is located in the main square of Cusco, was declared a World Heritage Site in 1972.
The second place is the Temple of Qoricancha: The Temple of the Sun was the most venerated and respected.
These two places are the most representative within the city of Cusco once visited we will head a few minutes out of the city of Cusco towards Sacsayhuaman.
Sacsayhuaman is one of the Inca constructions that most astonishes tourists who, according to the hypothesis, point out that it would have been a very important ceremonial center and not a fortress.
Now we go to Qenqo: O K`enko, which means “labyrinth”, perhaps because of the labyrinthine underground galleries or the small channels carved in the rocks in the form of zigzag.
PucaPucara: The name PucaPucara comes from the Quechua voices puca, ‘red’, and pucara, ‘fortress or defended place’, which means ‘red fortress’; the rocks with which it has been built turn reddish with dusk.
Tambomachay: This archeological center in the time of the Incas was destined to the cult to the water and so that the chief of the Inca Empire could rest. It consists of a series of aqueducts, canals and several waterfalls that run through the rocks. The surprising thing about this is that, from a main waterfall, the Incas created two secondary waterfalls, which are exactly the same. That is, if one places two empty bottles, one in each waterfall, the two are filled at the same time.
We will finish our tour at 18:00hrs.
We will leave you in the center of the city of Cusco so that you can have dinner in one of the restaurants in the center or walk through the Plaza de Armas of Cusco.
OPTIONAL: We will to enjoy a Traditional Show of Cusco Dances
On this day tour to Sacred Valley tour that started at 8:30 in the morning, collected from the hotel to go to Pisac, which is a typical market, with picturesque terraced fields on the mountain. Visit the archaeological site of Pisac. It is also famous for its fairs where you can buy beautiful handicrafts.Then we head to Urubamba where we have included a buffet lunch. Then we go to the fortress of Ollantaytambo, where descendants of the Incas living in the home of the Incas. Finally we go to the Ollantaytambo train station to board the train that leaves in the afternoon to Aguas Calientes. Overnight at hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu).
After getting up very early and have breakfast, climb the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu and we will see the spectacular sunrise of this marvel. Optional: can make the trek to the summit of Huayna Picchu this will take about 2 hours round trip (This tour is without guide). After excursions with our guide to the citadel of Machu Picchu, for 2 hours, visiting the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Astronomical Calendar, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of Three Windows and various cemeteries around for more two hours. Then you will be given free time to stroll around the citadel. They will have all morning to Machu Picchu to take pictures and be in this mystical place. Then descend by bus to Aguas Calientes in the afternoon take the train back to Ollantaytambo, where our staff will be waiting for you to transfer you by bus to Cusco
Taking a good breakfast, the hotel pick you up from where they are staying and taken to the airport from the city of Cusco,
- Transfer Hotel / Train Station.
- Trips on bus to the citadel of Machupicchu.
- Entrance tickets to the citadel of Machupicchu.
- Guided Tour in Machupicchu (around 3 hrs).
Frequency: Every day.
- All transfers from your hotel, stations and tourist attractions to visit.
- Tours to Machu Picchu.
- All transportation for the tours.
- Train tickets roundtrip Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo.
- Bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Bus tickets up and down Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Professional tour guide in English or Spanish.
- Admissions to all the attractions to visit Machu Picchu
- 1 night hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- 1 breakfast in the hotel
Recomendations and packaging list
- Small personal backpack.
- Jacket for the cold.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses
- Insect Repellent.
- Video and photo camera.
- Chocolates and candies.
- Wear walking shoes or tennis shoes
- Bring canteens to enter Machu Picchu
- wear clothing according to the season (rain poncho, wind jacket)
- Insect repellent.
- Sunscreen, wide-brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Medicine and/or articles for personal use.
- One lightweight backpack or briefcase per person of 20 liters.
- Camera or video camera.
- Extra money in national currency
- Comfortable trousers and long-sleeved shirts.
- Plastic bags for the waste produced by each one of you.
- Original passports or personal documents (with which reservations were made / copies are not accepted).
- Take with you the migration card with which you entered the country (it is necessary in case you spend the night in the town of Machu Picchu).
- Bring money in soles and not in dollars as the exchange rates are very low.
NOTE: If you are a student, you must carry your university card with the current date, whose benefit will have a discount of USD$20.00 American dollars.
WARNING: For those who wish to visit the mountain of Huayna Picchu must confirm at the time of booking and is subject to availability of visit numbers per day (maximum 400 places per day).
TRAIN TYPES FOR YOUR TRIP TO MACHU PICCHU
EXPEDITION TRAIN :
The traveler in the Expedition will be comfortable and relaxed, in addition will be informed about the most important points that has this millenary route and that every adventurer should know.
The Expedition has wagons totally covered by panoramic windows so that the traveler is immersed in the beauty of the natural landscape, and make your experience to Machu Picchu begin in the train.
Surrounded entirely by glass, with cars with large panoramic windows that offer unparalleled scenic views and countless opportunities to take spectacular photographs, the traveler in the Vistadome connects and feels part of Peru’s breathtaking landscape. Perurail provides personalized attention and first class in which the traveler on board will live an unforgettable experience.
The Vistadome also has air conditioning and heating, leather seats that mold to the body providing comfort and relaxation throughout the trip.
The Vistadome has a different service on board, which allows the traveler to submerge and feel the Andean culture through its landscapes, music, dances and even food carefully prepared with local ingredients.
Notes.- The train schedule is only confirmed day before the start of the trip, if you joined a group day before the start of the tour, we can not guarantee that you travel on the same train as the rest of the group.
Train schedule subject to change depending on Peru Rail’s schedule and availability.
To qualify as a student, it is necessary to have a valid ISIC-CARD. scan and send us an email copy at the time of booking.
Altitude Sickness.- Cuzco is at an altitude of more than 11,000 feet above sea level, and in many surrounding areas, including Machu Picchu, it is also at high altitudes, though not as high as Cuzco. Altitude sickness can happen to anyone, including healthy people. Symptoms are usually not severe.
Certain medical conditions (such as respiratory diseases) or medications (such as sleeping pills) can increase the risk of high-altitude illness. It may be a good idea to check with your doctor before traveling. You can help your body to acclimatize and avoid altitude sickness through:
Drink plenty of water – at least 4 liters per day above other forms of liquids such as tea or soups , Avoid alcohol, tobacco, and substances that can interfere with a good supply of oxygen to the body or cause dehydration.
Small, frequent meals high in carbohydrates.
Getting regular medical rest.
Expedition Train: USD $ 295.00
This is for all the adventurous travelers who seek to discover all the journey details and arrange the trip itinerary according to their needs. The Expedition Train is the best alternative to go to Machu Picchu.
The Expedition Train is a service designed for the traveler’s comfort, with four passenger’s seats located in front of each other, so you can share your experience, and for the faithful backpack that is always with you we offer racks placed above the seats. Also, this train has panoramic windows, air conditioning and heating, and Andean music that creates a cheerful atmosphere.
Vistadome Service: USD $ 345.00
The Vistadome is recommended train for those who want to be in contact with the environment and appreciate the wonderful journey to Machu Picchu.
Surrounded entirely by glass and wagons with large panoramic windows offering incomparable scenic views and innumerous opportunities to capture amazing pictures. Vistadome travelers feel connected and part of the impressive landscape of Peru. The train provides to travelers on board a personalized and first level service to give them an unforgettable life experience.
- To qualify as a student, it is necessary to have a valid ISIC card. Scan the card and email us the copy at the time of your booking. We will then offer a USD $ 20.00 discount per student
- For children younger than 16, we offer a USD $ 20.00 discount (you also need to scan and email us a copy of the passport)
- For children younger than 7, we offer a USD $ 50.00 discount (same here: you need to scan and email the passport)
Or contact us at