Apurimac River Rafting 3 Days / 2 Nights
- Style Trip
- Classic Tour
- Places to Visit
- Tour Length
- Daily Departures
- Group Size
- 6 Persons to more
- Physical Grade
RAFTING IN APURIMAC RIVER
One of the most important Rafting Tours in Peru and South America, is the Apurimac River, this is a great combination of nature, adventure, adrenaline and safe fun.
If you are a canoe lover, this is the best option. The Apurimac River is located in Peru, between two regions: Cusco and Apurimac, the name of this river means: “The God who speaks”, it is considered as one of the 10 best rivers in the world for canoeing, this river has perfect conditions for this adventure sport: Beautiful landscapes, a pristine place, an excellent climate all year round, clean and clear water, sandy beaches.
In your rafting adventure you will always be in contact with our professional guides and using the best equipment and taking care of the environment.
ITINERARY, Apurimac River Rafting 2D/1N
9:00 a.m. departure from Cusco, bound for the Huallpachaca bridge (2,000 masl) 5 hours south east of the city of Cusco, after lunch, our guide will give safety instructions (how to paddle, how to use the equipment, etc) and we will also have a small practice of rescue in the river, after this, we will begin to navigate, for 1 hour and ½ approximately, then we will camp on the banks of the river.
After breakfast, we will set up camp to start sailing class III and IV rapids, stopping only for the portajes, which are class IV rapids. After lunch, we will continue sailing until the afternoon (4:30 pm), when we will stop to camp.
After breakfast we will continue rafting, running class III, IV and V rapids, after 5 hours of navigation, we will arrive at the Quinta Primavera (near the Kunyak bridge) which is where we will finish our adventure, there we will have lunch, and then begin our return trip to Cusco.
Note: The rapids are catalogued as follows:
Difficulty I-II Faciles without risk, something exciting.
Difficulty III-IV Good and Exciting, with some risk.
Difficulty V Very exciting and risky.
Difficulty VI Extreme risk, not to be run.
What is included in this program:
- Private Transportation to and from the river
- Professional Class V Guides.
- State of the art self bailing rafts.
- All the meals at the river
- Water proof-bags for personal luggage
- Safety conscious techniques and procedures
- Wet-suit, spray jacket, helmet
- Double occupancy tents
- Safety Kayakers
- Helicopter evacuation Insurance
- You need to take a complete set of dry clothing
- Sunblock, factor 50, recommended
- A small towel
- A Swimming suit to wear under the wetsuit
- A good positive mental aptitude
YOU SHOULD TO BRING
- Light tennis shoes or sport sandals and socks
- Light volume sleeping bag and a sleeping mat
- Cap or hat for the sun and sunscreen
- Flash light with spare batteries
- Water bottle
- Mosquito Repellent
- Sweatshirt / light pants & T-shirt for camping
NOTE: After the Rafting trip you can combine it with the Salcantay trek to Machupicchu 4D/3N.
From May to November.
Or contact us at