Ausangate Trek 4 Days & 3 Nights
- Style Trip
- Classic Tour
- Places to Visit
- Tour Length
- Daily Departures
- Group Size
- 6 Persons to more
- Physical Grade
Ausangate is the highest mountain of the region of Cusco, 20,944.88 ft. and has become the most representative trekking by its north face is a wonderful 4 days walk that borders enormous glaciers and high lakes being able to observe in its numerous borders species of andean birds like the huallatas and andean ducks, as well as lots of south american camels and inclusively vicunas in wild state.
Ausangate is undoubtedly an adventure trip recommended for people who like to walk, feel nature, tranquility, spirit, the energy of the Pachamama and mountains like: the Apu Ausangate is the protector and highest mountain in the city of Cusco. and the most important thing about this trip is that you will know the real Peru. The Peru of the Andes to its people with their typical costumes, their ancestral customs and thus learn from their lifestyle that is magnificent and interesting without the presence of many tourists.
- Modality: Adventure, Landscape and Cultural
- Departure days: daily departures
- Accommodation: 3 nights camping
- Season: from March to November
- Duration of trip: 4 days and 3 nights
- Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult
- Group Size: minimum 2 Persons
- Maximum height: 5.150 mt
- Price: 500 Dollars per person
We leave Cusco by bus at 5 am and drive south from the city, passing by many small villages such as Urcos, Andahuaylillas and Ocongate. Four hours later we will arrive to Tinki, where we meet our muleteers to begin the trek that will take us 3 hours until lunch place and after two more hours we arrive to the first campsite in Upis. L.D.
Optional, we can go by bus to Upis and walk for only two hours to the campsite this day, so we can visit on the way the church of Andahuaylillas and Pikillacta pre inka complex.
The trek begins at 8 A.M. in the direction of great Ausangate mountain that is saw throughout all the walk, we will hike along its front face and also will be able to appreciate other snowed mountains like Mariposa and Qampa, after 3 hours we will arrive to the lunch place and after enjoy it we continue for 2.5 hours to the camping place in the Qomercocha lake or green lake. B, L, D.
This day we will cross by the base of magnific mountains like the Puca Punta, Qolqecruz and the Cayangates, the landscape is impressive due to the presence of many species of fauna of the Andes like vicunas, alpacas, llamas, vizcachas, huallatas, condores, among others. Three hours walking and we’ll arrive to our lunch place and then three more hours to get to the beautiful lake of Sigrinacocha. It is here where we will spend the night. B, L, D.
After breakfast we continue with our adventure, initiating the trek in the direction of Pampacancha community passing by valleys and lagoons of singular beauty. Finally we arrive to Pampacancha where our bus is going to be waiting to drive us to the city of Cusco. B, L.
Campsites are subject to change according to guide’s criteria.
Duration: 4 days walking 5 to 6 hours each day, 3 nights camping.
Difficulty: 3 This is a high altitude trek at an average altitude of 13,000 feet above sea level, and participants should be acclimatized.
What is included in this program:
- Special information meeting before the trek at a prearranged time and place
- Transfer by tour bus from your hotel to the trail head and transfer after the trek from Pampacancha to Cusco hotel.
- Entrance fee to Ausangate park
- Services of an official guide
- Services of an experienced cook & assistant.
- Full camping equipment, double tents
- One mattress per person.
- Horses or mules to carry the company’s equipment, food and personal clients’ belongings.
- Meals from the first day lunch till the fourth day lunch (vegetarian option under request)
- First aids kit and oxygen bottle.
- Sleeping bags, 15 USD for the entire trek.
- Single supplement, 25USD
- Saddle horse 15usd per day
What to bring:
- Hiking boots and sneakers.
- Long pants or slacks
- Long‐sleeved shirts.
- Warm cloth, sweaters and a jacket.
- Rain wear.
- Sun block.
- Personal toilet items and wash kit
- Water bottle
- A light backpack
- Hat or cap
- Sleeping bag.
Cancellations will have penalties to pay:
It is very important that you let us know where to contact you in Cusco at your arrival and before the trek to coordinate a previous meeting.
Ausangate Tour Price + Vinicunca
From: US$ 300.00, per person
NOTE: this price is based on two participants, for reservations are made with a pre-payment of US$ 90.00 which is equivalent to 30%.Terms and Conditions.
Prices valid from April 2018 to January 2020.
1 extra horse (up to 14 kilos) to help with personal equipment load at USD $ 200.00. An extra horse can be shared between two people.
Rental of an extra horse to ride when tired at USD $ 200.00.
- Additional mattresses: USD $ 45.00.
- Additional tent: USD $ 35.00.
- Sleeping bag: USD $ 45.00 per person.
- Sticks x 01: USD $ 15.00 per person.
Or contact us at