Inca Trail 2 Days & 1 Night
- Style Trip
- Classic Tour
- Places to Visit
- Tour Length
- Daily Departures
- Group Size
- 6 Persons to more
- Physical Grade
For people with little time to spare, this is a good alternative to get to know at least part of the famous Inca trail to Machu Picchu. We begin our trek at a moderate altitude of 2,000 meters, going through a tropical rainforest; you will hike up for about 4 hours until you reach the spectacular ancient ruins of Winay Wayna (Forever Young). Late in the afternoon, we will arrive to the Inti Punku (Gates of the Sun), the original entry to the mysterious “Lost City of the Incas”, MachuPicchu.
We will take a bus down to Aguas Calientes where you spend the night in a hotel of your choice. The next day, hike up to the pyramid shape Huayna Picchu escorted by your guide. Late afternoon train back to Cusco.
Early morning transfer from the hotel to the train station, for your train ride to Km. 104, where we get started on our trek. A professional bilingual guide will escort you. You will carry only a small daypack during your hike. You will see magnificent views of the glacier Veronica, across the Vilcanota River and will pass through a waterfall in the cloud forest. Arriving at the Inca Site of Winay Wayna (Forever Young). You’ll rest and have lunch as we enjoy the scenery. You will arrive at MachuPicchu by late afternoon. Overnight at a hotel of your choice in the town of Aguas Calientes, with time to relax at the local hot springs.
We get up early and board a bus, which will take us to Machupicchu, where we will begin a complete guided tour of the Inca citadel that will last approximately two hours. Then you will have free time to walk, where you can experience spectacular views of all of Machupicchu, the valleys and mountains that surround it, or visit the Temple of the Moon and the fabulous Inca Bridge. In the afternoon, we will meet in the city of Aguas Calientes where, if you wish, you can visit and relax in its hot springs.
From here we take the train back to the city of Cusco, where we arrive at dusk.
What is included in this program:
- Professional tour guide
- Pick up at your hotel
- Train at km 104
- Return train to Ollantaytambo
- Transportation back to Cusco
- 1 breakfast, 1 lunch (box lunch), 1 dinner. If you have a dietary request, such as a vegetarian meal, please let us know.
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
- Entrance fees to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Round trip bus between Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu
- Breakfast on the first day, lunch and dinner on Day 2.
- Huayna Picchu Tickets US$75
- Travel insurance – it is strongly recommended that you take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
What to bring:
- Original passport
- Current college student card (if you are a student and want to qualify for a discounted price)
- Mountain boots/trekking
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Hot jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Polo shirts (quick drying)
- Comfortable trekking pants
- Sun cap
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Insect Repellent (We highly recommend a NATURAL repellent)
- Hand sanitizer and toiletries.
- Personal Medication
- Camera and camcorder.
- Flashlight with spare batteries (or an environmentally friendly option).
Recomendations and packaging list
- Small personal backpack.
- Jacket for the cold.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses
- Insect Repellent.
- Video and photo camera.
- Chocolates and candies.
- Wear walking shoes or tennis shoes
- wear clothing according to the season (rain poncho, wind jacket)
- Insect repellent.
- Sunscreen, wide-brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Medicine and/or articles for personal use.
- One lightweight backpack or briefcase per person of 20 liters.
- Camera or video camera.
- Extra money in national currency
- Comfortable trousers and long-sleeved shirts.
- Plastic bags for the waste produced by each one of you.
- Original passports or personal documents (with which reservations were made / copies are not accepted).
- Take with you the migration card with which you entered the country
- Bring money in soles and not in dollars as the exchange rates are very low.
NOTE: If you are a student, you must carry your university card with the current date, whose benefit will have a discount of USD$20.00 American dollars.
Or contact us at