Urubamba River Rafting 2 Days / 1 Night
- Style Trip
- Classic Tour
- Places to Visit
- Tour Length
- Daily Departures
- Group Size
- 6 Persons to more
- Physical Grade
The Urubamba River, is a river in Peru. A partially navigable headwater of the Amazon River, it rises in the Andes to the south-east of Cuzco near the Puno Region border, where it is called the Vilcanota River. In the Sacred Valley, between Písac and Ollantaytambo, it is also called the Wilcamayu (sacred river). It flows north-north-west for 724 kilometers before coalescing with the lower Apurímac River to form the Ucayali River.
It has some exciting white water depending on the section of the river being done and the time of the year. One of our most popular rafting sections during the season is the “Chuquicahuana” (CHUQUI) ,section of the river on the Upper Urubamba. There are good class IIl rapids and the water is not contaminated, as unfortunately the Sacred Valley of the Incas sections of the river are.
This section is perfect for one day tours, with nice class II, III and III+ rapids. Excellent scenic riverside big eucalyptus trees, beautiful flowers, profusion of cactus and Inca ruins adorn this whitewater trip.
This white water rafting season is all year long and from early December to late March the river is Class IV. The rest of the year are rapids Class III, on Cusipata (CUSI) section of the river, it has Class II rapids.
ITINERARY, Urubamba River Rafting 2D/1N
We pick you up at your hotel with our private transportation, after an hour and a half of travel we arrive at the entrance to the shores of our private camp “Cusipata River Lodge”. Our professional Rafting Guides will give you a safety talk and provide you with all the right equipment for the Rafting. Our Rafting Adventure will last approximately two hours on the class II river, introductory type rapids. As additional toys to play in these sections of the river, you will have hydrospeed and inflatable kayaks.
Then we arrive at the exit and head to our lodge for lunch. Then, as an option, you can ZIPLINE across the river.
If you are staying for a second day, you will spend the night in our private camp “CUSIPATA RIVER LODGE”, where we have comfortable double rooms with private bathroom, a sauna and a zip line, you will sleep under the whisper of the river.
After enjoying our relaxing sauna and a good night’s sleep, we get up for a healthy breakfast and drive upstream to the Chuquicahuana river section “CHUQUI”. where we’ll run class III and IV+ rapids.
We will include some additional safety such as Kayaker or Cataraf. After approximately 2 and a half hours, we return to the camp “Cusipata River Lodge”, where a delicious meal will be served. Then we return to Cusco arriving late in the afternoon.
Note: if you only do one day of rafting, or combo mountain biking, this is the section of the river that is going to be rafting.
What is included in this program:
- Transportation from Cusco to the put-in at the River
- All the rafting equipment, such as Helmet , Life jacket, paddle, self bailing Raft
- Spray Jacket, wet Suit
- Professional English speaking Rafting guide
- Delicious lunch
- Transportation back from the River
- You need to take a complete set of dry clothing
- Sunblock, factor 50, recommended
- A small towel
- A Swimming suit to wear under the wetsuit
- A good positive mental aptitude
REQUIREMENTS FOR RESERVATION:
- Reservations are accepted if, and only if, the following information is provided:
- Full fill booking form
- A copy of your passport valid on the date of the trip
- FOR STUDENTS ONLY, a copy of the international student card (ISIC CARD) valid on the date of the trip.
IF YOU ARE SPENDING THE NIGHT:
- Tents with Mattresses
- Thatched roof for the tents
- One breakfast. Two lunches, One Dinner
- Sauna and Hot tub facilities
- Hot showers, toilets, fire place
- We have a nice bar and socializing area
Or contact us at